Board of Directors
Every four years the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture appoints a five-member board to oversee the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies. Three of the board’s members are nominated by the University Council University of Iceland, while two are appointed directly by the Ministry; of these two one acts as chair.
The Institute’s Board of Directors:
- Þorsteinn Pálsson, chair, former Prime Minister
- Katrín Jakobsdóttir, vice-chairman, Prime Minister
- Guðrún Þórhallsdóttir, dosent
- Torfi Tulinius, professor
- Terry A. Gunnell, professor